Come and explore The Power of Partnerships at the Pacific NorthWest Economic Region (PNWER) 2012 Annual Summit, taking place from July 15-19 in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
Registration is still available for this exciting event, which connects government and business leaders from the 10 jurisdictions that make up the PNWER region.
Summit working group sessions will provide delegates a forum to address a number of regional policy concerns, while delegate policy tours will showcase the sectors and industries that are helping to drive Saskatchewan’s prosperous economy.
A host of keynote speakers are already confirmed for the Annual Summit. The lineup includes:
- The Honourable Vic Toews, Canadian Minister of Public Safety
- The Honourable Pamela Wallin, Canadian Senator
- The Honourable Brad Wall, Premier of Saskatchewan
- Ezra Levant, TV host of Sun News Network’s The Source, newspaper columnist, and author of “Ethical Oil: The Case for Canada’s Oilsands”
- Dr. Brenda Kenny, president and CEO of the Canadian Energy Pipeline Association
- John Hofmeister, author of “Why We Hate Oil Companies” and former President of Shell Oil Company in Houston, Texas
- Ambassador Gary Doer, Canadian Ambassador to the United States
PNWER is a non-partisan, public-private partnership that is committed to regional collaboration, enhanced competitiveness, economic growth, and the reduction of trade and regulatory barriers. The partnership includes Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Yukon and the North West Territories in Canada, and Oregon, Washington, Montana, Idaho and Alaska in the United States.
This will be the first time that Saskatchewan hosts the Annual Summit since joining PNWER in 2008.
For more information or to register, please visit the website the PNWER 2012 Annual Summit website.
General inquiries can be directed to:
Saskatchewan Media Relations Coordinator
PNWER 2012 Annual Summit
Telephone: (306) 787-5582